The TASO Research Unit
TASO developed a 5 year research strategy (2018 – 2022) with the aim to expand the research function. This is built on the foundation of previous studies carried out in TASO such as the DART trials, PrEP study and many others. While these studies were carried out in partnership with other institutions, TASO was able to contribute to some of the major findings in HIV studies globally as well as influence policy at the national level.
About the Research Unit
- Conducts operations and implementation sciences research for improved HIV programming
- Coordinates collaborative research projects with other institutions and individual researchers
- Supports capacity building of TASO in conducting research in HIV and related co-infections and comorbidities.
- Support4s staff to write manuscripts and abstracts for publication in scientific journals.
- Does resource mobilization through research grants writing/ submission and management