TASO Rukungiri is located in Rukungiri town council, Rukungiri district in South Western Uganda. The center catchment area covers a population of about 1 Million people with in the districts of Rukungiri, Ntungamo, Kabale, Bushenyi and Kanungu.
The establishment of TASO Rukungiri in 2004 was in agreement with the TASO 2003 - 2007 strategic plan of increasing the organization's range and coverage of prevention, care and support services.
TASO Rukungiri started its operations in the former education office in Rukungiri town council and later in August 2004, it relocated to its new premises within Rukungiri Health Center 1V, Ishaka Road in Rukungiri district
- The main clinics are held on Tuesday and Wednesday
- PMTCT clinics are held on Thursday
- Adolescent clinics are held on Saturday (only once a month)
Health Systems Strengthening
The Center supports Kisiizi Health Center lll which runs clinics every Thursday.
Advocacy, Networking & Collaboration
- Compassion International Assisted Projects
- RUGADA, Kisiizi hospital, Nyakibale Hospital
- UWESO, Rukungiri, Rugarama Hospital
- North Kigezi Diocese
- Pentecostal churches and Mosques
- Schools (both primary and secondary)
- Straight talk foundation
- District Administration
Transport challenges because of the topography of the place and a very difficult terrain with poor road network especially for the field staff like field officers, counsellors and medical team.
Mr. Bennet Kizito J
P.O. Box 350, Rukungiri
Tel: 256 0486 442 610
Mobile: +256 752 774 141
+256 702 448 511